LATINO DE ORO 2017 SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships allow deserving students to attain their educational goals, meet their professional objectives and succeed to their fullest ability. For that reason, Latino de Oro Inc has created its Scholarship Program, designed to support the Latino Community by improving educational opportunities for Latino youths who want to reach their full potential.
The contest awards two students with a cash scholarship of $1,000 each. The scholarship will be presented every year at its Latino de Oro Award Ceremony. The selected recipients must be present to accept the scholarship at the Latino de Oro Awards 2017, which will be held on September 9th, 2017. The deadline to apply for this year’s scholarship is Friday, May 26th, 2017; the Winner’s list will be available on Latino de Oro website upon selection.
2017 scholarship criteria
- Be of Latino descent and CT resident.
- Be a senior in high school graduated in 2017.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Be enrolled in a College or university for the year 2017-2018.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership potential and record of community service.
- The application must be postmarked by Friday, May 26, 2017.
- You can send the application and documents online to email@example.com.
- OR bring it in person or send it by mail to:
LATINO DE ORO INC
593 Farmington Ave
Hartford CT, 06105
- Fill out a Latino de Oro 2017 scholarship application form. You can find the form in www.latinodeoro.org
- Present official High school transcript.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a school teacher or community representative.
- Submit an essay, in English or Spanish, with a minimum of 500 words that explains your hopes, current educational goals, and economic situation. Include, why you think you are a good candidate for this scholarship, as well as your career objectives.
- Attach any other documents and information that you consider as relevant with your application.